Monday, May 23, 2011

Mason and Audrey Spot a Reality TV Celeb

One of my co-workers, Missy, was asked to participate in the 65th anniversary party of Tervis Tumbler. (If you have never used a Tervis..you should try it!) As part of the celebration, they asked many local bakers to participate in a cake decorating contest. The best part was a celebrity judge, Duff from Ace of Cakes. I figured if we had nothing planned on this particular Saturday afternoon we would go partake in the fun. Our nap schedule didn't exactly align with the excitement, so I decided to take the babies while Parker was taking his nap. I loaded them into the car and headed 10 minutes south to the big event. You had to wait in line to meet Duff after the contest was over. I hopped in line with one of my friends and her two daughters.

As we stood there, some Tervis employees were taking a count asking if we would want an autograph. I really didn't have a desire to get his autograph but I thought it would be fun to get a picture. After what seemed like a lifetime, Duff came out and the line started moving. I approached the table where Duff was sitting with a baby on each hip, something I do often, and some cRaZy Tervis Tumbler Lady yelled, "You can't take those babies up there!!! You need to move out of line" He was on a platfrom a foot off the ground. I looked at her like "Lady I have been carrying these two around for the past 9 months I think I am good. And I have just stood in your damn line for an hour you better let me at least get a picture." Another manager stepped in and said, "Wait a minute you can just stand on the ground and take your picture." My friend stepped back to take the picture and the psycho Tervis lady was at it again. This time yelling, "Take the picture NOW or you don't get one." So, Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the one picture we got with Duff......
Meeting a celebrity is hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment