Friday, June 3, 2011

Favorites on Friday

I am going to try to post some of my favorite baby and toddler items each Friday. So stay tuned each week.

Our focus for this week is Dr. Browns bottles. When Parker was born we had no clue what bottles to use or if we were even going to be using bottles. We realized very quickly that bottles would be a part of daily lives. I settled on Dr. Browns because I heard so many raves about them and P suffered from some pretty severe reflux. If you use Dr. Browns you are familiar with all of the many parts. :::Shudder:::

I never had any kind of system with P, but when the twins arrived we had 24 bottles in rotation. Two babies eating every 2 to 3 hours around the clock equals a Mommy who doesn't want to stand at the sink on the little time I had to myself. I also use to be pretty good about rinsing dishes immediately. I had to come up with something since many of thse bottles were sitting for far too long in the sink. So here is my system....

Once the babies finish, I rinse and break into pieces. Bottles get filled with fresh water, parts all go into my glad plastic container.
"

When I get around to unloading/load the dishwasher, all of the "parts" get sorted into the Munchkin diswasher baskets. Love these and had 4 of them in rotation but now I use 2. Rubber parts and nipple rings go into the basket itself and the nipples go into the top part.

Then I line up all the bottles in the glass area on the top rack and all of the tubes get put on the spokes in the dishwasher.

When I unload I use two really cheap bottle racks from Baby Depot. I think they were $1.00. I put the tubes on the pegs and put a bottle on top. Then I put the rings, rubber piece, and a nipple on top on a paper towel that gets changed daily.
And here are the two cuties who like to help with the dishwasher...

No comments:

Post a Comment